Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Carpeting Dilemma Solved

The last time I posted about the Creating Contest Mad Men Office, I was having a bit of trouble with the carpeting and glue soaking through it.  Well, Thanks to Fran at Miniatures.com and her great advice, the carpeting is attached and looks great.


I know the picture is really dark, but I'll get a better one next time.  I've also gotten the teak veneer on the walls and silver edging up.  Next is getting the lighting hooked up then it will be time to start on Don Draper's decorating. 

#HBSCreatincontest2015



 I have been looking for a Millie August Magic Mini Pleater to make the window treatments for a couple of months now.  The last one I found on Ebay was a bit out of my price range. If anyone knows where I can get one PLEASE let me know.


I have also made a little progress on the Citadel Kitchen


The bottom cabinets are a dark grey gloss laminate from Formica and it's called...wait for it..."Citadel".  The uppers will be a white gloss.  The stove and fridge are kits from Elf Miniatures . I asked Elizabeth if she could either make an orange fridge to go with the orange cooker kit or even just some of the orange plastic that is on the cooker so I could make my own. Within a couple of hours she got back to me with this awesome matching fridge kit (which is now for sale on the website).

6 comments:

  1. Wow! That carpet and those walls are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the orange fridge!

    I'll keep my eyes open for a mini pleater. There has got to be a way we can build a replica, though....hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen the pleaters on Amazon and at danneruff.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So what was the advise that you wer4e given re the carpets. Just love your work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loa muebles de cocina quedan muy bien. Bonito contraste el frigorífico y la cocina.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your mad men's office looks so great, very real! I'm so happy you solved the carpet-issue. The kitchen is great too, love the combination of the grey and the orange!

    ReplyDelete